In The Heart Of The Fashion District
At the beginning of the 20th century, Michael J. Connell established the first garment and textile manufacturing buildings launching the Fashion District of downtown Los Angeles. Between 1911 and 1912, architects Arthur Angel and Carl Leonard designed Connell’s first structures, including the Connell Building, the Bailey Hat Building, and the Brownstein-Louis Building.
By 1929, development in the district flourished, creating a significant and influential piece of the City’s rich heritage. In 2001, these building were designated local historic monuments in recognition of their significance as a social and architectural representation of industrial Downtown Los Angeles. Each of these heavy, concrete-frame buildings reflects a distinctive architectural style through its decorative facade and oversized, industrial loft windows designed to maximize natural light, both typical design features of the time. MJW Investments purchased the buildings in 1998 from Mr. Arthur Gerry, a prominent local businessman. MJW since committed its energies and efforts into reinventing these unique architectural landmarks.
Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of [date the AOR/MLS data was obtained] and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.
Layout and Features
The Cornell Lofts offer many desirable historic features in each unit, such as high ceilings and over sized industrial windows. They also include the best modern upgrades such a Bosch kitchen appliances and six-foot bathtubs. Select apartments also come with private balconies.
Unit features include:
- Ten to fourteen foot vaulted ceilings
- Heavy duty polished concrete floors
- Architectural concrete columns in all units
- Over sized historic industrial windows
- Mountain, city and skyline views, per plan
- Italian-style kitchen and bath cabinetry
- Granite kitchen counter tops
- Stainless steel Bosch appliances
- Deep stainless steel sinks
- Six-foot bathtubs
- Private balconies (select lofts)
- Energy efficient heating & air conditioning
- DSL, DirecTV and Comcast ready
- Washer/dryer hook-ups
The units at Cornell Lofts range in size from about 700-square-foot studios to 2-bedroom lofts to penthouses at 2,000 square feet.
Cornell Lofts are part of the Santee Village complex, which shares amenities. These amenities include:
- Rooftop swimming pool
- Spa & sauna
- Basketball court
- Dog park
- Golf driving range
- Barbecue areas
- Landscaped courtyard & fountain area
- Conference room
- Fitness center
- Market and food court
- 24-hour security & courtesy patrol
- Controlled access & covered garage parking