Grand Avenue Lofts
HISTORY OF THE BUILDING
1923 George Pepperdine’s West Auto Supply (Benefactor of Pepperdine University)
This building was the new headquarters for Western Auto Supply company which sold Model-T accessories from a 10,000 square foot showroom. This was big business as the Ford Model_T was originally sold without tires, fenders, a top, a windshield, or lights. The construction of the property was heralded as “another milestone in the growth of the automobile industry and the rapid development of Los Angeles.”
The success of George Peperdine’s automtive headquarters paved the way for many industries and ventures to seele in downtown Los Angeles, including his Pepperdine College in 1937. The former Western Auto Supply builing became home to UCLA Extensions decades later.
1958 Pepperdne had envisioned adding three new floors to his four-story building. Today, the firm Killeffer Flammang Architects has successfully fulfilled his vision. Further, they have maintained original architect John Montgomery Cooper’s design emphasis of open space, high ceilings, and plenty of natural light.
An interesting part of L.A.’s past. An exciting part of L.A.’s future.
1923 WESTERN AUTO SUPPLY CO.
1958 UCLA EXTENSION
2005 Grand AVE LOFTS
The vision for tomorrow is more than what is prophesied — it’s what inspires the soul. Standing on the threshold of downtown L.A.’s new urban era is Grand Lofts, dynamic loft residences by The Lee Group and CIM Group. All the entertainment, cultural and social energy is now within reach.
Destiny awaits Grand Lofts. A venerable landmark masterfully restored to be at the right place, at the right time. Many will discover just how grand this place really is.
Downtown L.A. is a place to live, work and play 24 hours a day, seven days a week. And Grand Lofts’ location is South Park is in the heart of it all.
Within walking distance are the critically acclaimed restaurants, the ever-popular Staples Center, and the future Downtown Sports and Entertainment District including Nokia Theare and Plaza and a 1,200 room Convention Center hotel. A Ralphs supermarket is also set to go.
With Metro Blue Line and DASH shuttles at hand, you’re minutes from L.A.’s many distinguished districts, including the fashion, jewelry, financial, as well as government offices.
The north side’s arts and cultural cneter is home to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, the Ahmanson Theater, the mark Taper Forum, the Museum of Contemporary Art, and the Walk Disney Concert Hall.
Grand Lofts’ 66 chic flex lofts perfectly accommodate those with a passion to participate in a dynamic urban lifestyle.
Trendsetting and innovative, Grand Lofts’ voluminous interiors feature tall ceilings and expansive windows that embrace the excitement and dazzle of the city. Further, rooms are created by homeowners for their individual needs and sense of style.
Adding even more distinction are upscale appointments and amenities to make your work space more comfortable and your entertaining more memorable.
Distinguishing Details Inside and Out
The Grand Exterior
• 7-story building accented by modernistic glass and steel facade
• Landscaped interior courtyard retreat
• Controlled phone entry system
• Attractive lobby with double entry doors and two convenient elevators with stainless steel interiors
• Dual glazed oversized windows
• Designated two-car parking
• Private balconies (some plans)
• Surrounded by downtown Los Angeles’ sparking skyline
• Sleeek European-style cabinetry with maple overlay doors, concealed hinges and metal slide drawer guides
• Distinctive stone countertops
• Distinctive stone countertops
• Under caninet task lighting
• Under cabinet task lighting
• Convenient eating bar
• Dual stainless steel sinks with garbage disposal and pull-out faucet
• Automatic icemaker pre-plumbed for refrigerator
• High-tech General Electric stainless steel built-in applicances
• 30″ self-cleaning electric oven
• 36″ Profile 5-burner gas cooktop with pilotless start
• 36″ hood with Profile spacemaker microwave oven
• Energy efficient and soud insulated Triton EX automatic dishwasher
FLEX INTERIOR LIVE/WORK AREA
• Voluminous 10 to 25 – foot ceilings
• Solid core entry door with stylish lever handle
• Anodized aluminum windows
• Pre-wired for instant connectivity-fiber optic, high speed computer broadband, in-house networking, telephone, and TV reception
• Durable, lightweight concrete flooring (courtyard to 5th floor lofts)
• Classic hardwood flooring (6th and 7th floor lofts)
• Interior steel staircase with iron railing (two-story lofts)
• Hook-up for combination washer/dryer
• Central air-conditioning
• Gas forced-air heating with energy saving night set-back thermostat
• Sleek European-style cabinetry with maple overlay doors, concealed hinges and metal slide drawer guides
• Impressive stone vanity countertops with square edge detailing
• Seamless glass mirror
• Elegant bathrub with complementing ceramic tile surrounds
• Ceramic tiled walk-in shower with clear glass enclosure (per plan)
• Auxiliary infrared heater pampers body and soul
Grand Avenue Loft Buildings
The lee Group, headquartered in Marina del rey, and Los Angeles based CIM Group are credited with developing downtown’s first for-sale loft residences in more than 15 years. Following the runaway success of their Flower Street Lofts, the team reunited with Grand Avenue Lofts, renovating a landmark building into much needed residences to meet the growing demand to live in metro L.A.
The two firms are perfectly matched with reputations as urban and infill visionaries — Lee as the innovative builder and CIM as a pioneer in redevelopment investing. With a flair for seeing the tremendous value in properties located in areas considered undervalued, their thoughtful planning and transformations are bringing renewed life to once vibrant neighborhoods.
The Lee Group’s accomplishments have been recognized with numerous prestigious awards and accolades, including a White House award for energy efficiency. Flower Street Lofts received the prestigious Architectural Award from the Los Angeles Business Council among several other awards.
Established in 1994, CIM Group has evolved into an integrated, full service real estate investment firm with in-house acquisition, development, finance, leasing, and management servicdes. CIM’s efforts are primarily in high population density areas to meet the growing trend toward urban living. The CIM portfolio includes multi-family, residential, retail, office, parking, and mixed-use. High profile projects include Santa Monica’s Third Street Promenade and Old Pasadena. CIM is also building the new Ralph’s supermarket downtown.
Grand Avenue Lofts is a prime residential address in Los Angeles’ burgeoning South Park. Ready for tomorrow’s destiny.
Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of [date the AOR/MLS data was obtained] and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent. Not associated with Developer or Home Owner’s Association.
Your Home Sold GUARANTEED or I’ll Buy It*
Corey Chambers, REALTOR®
*seller and Corey must agree on price and time of possession – details at HomeSoldForSure.com. Realty Source Inc BRE#01889449
Copyright © 2015 This free information provided courtesy L.A. Loft Blog and LAcondoInfo.com with information provided by Corey Chambers, Realty Source Inc, BRE#01889449 We are not necessarily associated with the home owner’s association, seller or developer. For more information, contact (213) 880-9910 or visit LAcondoInfo.com Licensed in California. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Properties subject to prior sale or rental. This is not a solicitation if buyer or seller is already under contract with another broker.